It’s the first reading week of the year! I think I’m off to a great start, with plenty of 4 star reads this week.
Physical TBR Count
(Accountability tracker as I’m trying to get this down to 100!)
This Week: 304
Read This Week
- Not Good for Maidens by Tori Bovalino // ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ // This is a dark, creepy story themed around The Goblin Market poem, set in York. Highly recommend to Holly Black fans!
- Night Lights by Sarah Epstein // ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ // This is a weird but fun mystery story about small town secrets and alien sightings, set in a small Australian town that Owen and his family are holidaying in.
- Wolfsong by Ignatz Dovidāns // ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ // The start of an epic YA high fantasy series, with multiple POVs. I really enjoyed this one and appreciated the shorter length!
- Gilded Cage by Vic James // ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ // An incredibly good British Dystopia with elaborate world building, I can’t wait to see where this one goes next.
- The Lighthouse by Alex Bell // ⭐️⭐️⭐️ // Creepy, unsettling and claustrophobic, this really nailed the horror aspect but I did feel there was too much going on in the story and wasn’t a fan of the love interest being a baby bird murderer?